Step into the electrifying world of UFC walkouts, where fighters make their grand entrance and set the stage for epic battles. These awe-inspiring moments, filled with symbolism and personal expression, have become an integral part of the fight game.
In this article, we delve into the top 7 UFC walkouts of all time, meticulously ranked based on a combination of factors that ignite the crowd's passion. Get ready to relive the unforgettable walkouts that have captivated fans and left an indelible mark on the Octagon.
- Factors that contribute to the best UFC walkouts include the significance of the fight and pressure on the fighter, the demeanor and attitude of the fighter, the choice of walkout music, and the atmosphere and crowd participation.
- Some of the best UFC walkouts of all time include Colby Covington's walkout with the US colors and composed demeanor, Darren Till's walkout with crowd participation and a sing-along, Jon Jones' walkout after a title strip and layoff, and Conor McGregor's walkout to become the first Irish champion with live performance by Sinéad O'Connor.
- Other notable walkouts include Volkanovski's walkout as the face of Australia with massive fan support, Paddy Pimblett's walkout with chants and support from UK fans, and Chad Mendes' walkout with a perfect song choice for an Ireland vs America showdown.
- Ice baths and saunas are beneficial for MMA/UFC fighters, with ice baths reducing inflammation and muscle soreness, speeding up recovery, and enhancing immune system function, while saunas increase blood flow, enhance cardiovascular performance, and promote relaxation and stress reduction.
Colby Covington – UFC on ESPN: Covington Vs. Lawler (August 4, 2019)
Colby Covington's walkout at UFC on ESPN: Covington Vs. Lawler (August 4, 2019) was one of the most memorable in UFC history. Covington, known for his brash persona and ability to generate controversy, made a powerful statement with his entrance.
As he made his way to the octagon, the crowd was electrified by his presence. The song choice, Kurt Angle's 'Medal,' added to the impact of the walkout. The patriotic theme, combined with Covington's composed demeanor, created an atmosphere of anticipation and excitement.
Despite the crowd's mixed reaction, Covington remained focused on the task at hand, ignoring the chants and staying committed to winning the fight. This walkout showcased Covington's dedication to selling his fights and establishing himself as a prominent figure in the UFC.
Darren Till – UFC Fight Night: Thompson Vs Till (May 27, 2018)
At UFC Fight Night: Thompson Vs Till (May 27, 2018), Darren Till delivered a memorable walkout that captivated the audience and showcased his charismatic presence. The impact of crowd participation on the overall atmosphere of a UFC walkout was evident as Till commanded the attention of the crowd in his hometown.
The significance of walkout music in setting the tone for a fighter's entrance was also highlighted, as Till chose the iconic song 'Sweet Caroline' by Neil Diamond. As he made his entrance, Till jogged with a raised fist, engaging the crowd and prompting an unforgettable sing-along.
The energy and enthusiasm displayed by the crowd added to the electric atmosphere of the walkout. Till's walkout at UFC Fight Night: Thompson Vs Till was a perfect example of how crowd participation and the right choice of walkout music can enhance a fighter's entrance and create a memorable experience for both the fighter and the audience.
Jon Jones – UFC 197 (April 23, 2016)
Jon Jones made a memorable entrance at UFC 197 (April 23, 2016), solidifying his status as one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time. His walkout had a significant impact on his overall image and career.
Coming off a title strip and layoff due to outside-the-cage controversies, Jones returned to the Octagon to show his love for the sport and please the fans. The choice of walkout song, 'Coming Home' by Diddy ft. Skylar Grey, added to the emotional atmosphere, as it symbolized his comeback and redemption.
The crowd response and atmosphere during Jones' walkout were electric, with fans cheering and showing their support for the youngest UFC champion and greatest MMA fighter. While there have been other iconic UFC walkouts with incredible crowd participation and atmosphere, Jones' walkout stands out due to the personal significance and the way it resonated with fans.
Conor McGregor – UFC 189 (July 11, 2015)
Conor McGregor's walkout at UFC 189 (July 11, 2015) left a lasting impression on fans and solidified his status as one of the most iconic figures in the sport.
Here's why McGregor's entrance was so significant:
- Impact of live performances on UFC walkouts:
- McGregor's walkout was elevated by a live performance from Irish icon Sinéad O'Connor, adding to the electric atmosphere and showcasing the pride of the Irish fans.
- The significance of walkout music in setting the tone for a fighter's entrance:
- McGregor's choice of walkout music, 'Foggy Dew' by Sinéad O'Connor, perfectly captured his Irish heritage and set the tone for the historic fight to become the first Irish champion.
- Record-setting event with incredible crowd support:
- UFC 189 was a momentous occasion, with a record-breaking attendance of over 16,000 fans. The crowd's overwhelming support for McGregor created an unforgettable atmosphere that added to the intensity of his walkout.
McGregor's walkout at UFC 189 showcased his ability to captivate and energize the crowd, making it one of the most memorable and impactful entrances in UFC history.
Volkanovski – UFC 284 (February 12, 2023)
The walkout of Volkanovski at UFC 284 (February 12, 2023) was a moment of anticipation and excitement for both the fighter and the crowd. As the Australian fighter attempted to become a double champ, he was met with overwhelming support from his home country. His choice of walkout music, 'Down Under' by Men at Work, perfectly captured the spirit of the event and the pride of his nation. Volkanovski danced and interacted with the singing crowd, creating an electric atmosphere in the arena.
The benefits of ice baths for MMA/UFC fighters cannot be overstated. Ice baths reduce inflammation and muscle soreness, speed up recovery, and enhance immune system function. On the other hand, saunas provide athletes and martial artists with increased blood flow, enhanced cardiovascular performance, improved endurance, and relaxation. These recovery methods are crucial for fighters like Volkanovski who push their bodies to the limit in the octagon.
Paddy Pimblett – UFC Fight Night: Blaydes Vs. Aspinall (July 23, 2022)
Continuing the exploration of memorable UFC walkouts, Paddy Pimblett made a lasting impression at UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Aspinall (July 23, 2022) with his electrifying entrance. The rising star from the UK chose the songs 'Star Industry (Remaster)' by Sample Gangsters and 'Heads Will Roll' by Yeah Yeah Yeahs to set the tone for his walkout. As Pimblett made his way to the octagon, the atmosphere in London was electric, with chants and support from passionate UK fans. Pimblett engaged with the crowd, encouraging them to get louder and fueling the excitement in the arena. This walkout showcased Pimblett's connection with the fans and his ability to create an incredible atmosphere. With his energetic entrance, Paddy Pimblett solidified his place among the best recent UFC walkouts.
Benefits of ice baths for UFC fighters:
- Reduces inflammation and muscle soreness
- Speeds up recovery and reduces fatigue
- Enhances immune system function
- Improves circulation and oxygen delivery to muscles
- Helps with weight cutting and managing weight
Sauna benefits for MMA athletes:
- Increases blood flow and circulation
- Enhances cardiovascular performance
- Helps with detoxification and elimination of toxins
- Improves endurance and stamina
- Promotes relaxation and stress reduction
Chad Mendes – UFC 189 (July 11, 2015)
During the UFC 189 event on July 11, 2015, Chad Mendes made a memorable entrance with his walkout that captivated the audience. Mendes, who was facing Conor McGregor for the interim featherweight title, had to face the adversity of the majority Irish crowd being against him. However, Mendes managed to create an emotional connection with the Irish crowd through his song choice and his unwavering determination. Walking out to the song "Country Boy" by Aaron Lewis, Mendes embraced the role of the American challenger in the Ireland vs America showdown. The song perfectly captured the intensity and grit of the moment, hyping Mendes up for war. Despite the crowd support for McGregor, Mendes showcased his resilience and left a lasting impression with one of the best walkouts in UFC history.
|Impact of Song Choice and Crowd Support||Emotional Connection with the Irish Crowd|
|Perfect song choice for the showdown||Adversity faced with majority Irish crowd|
|Captured the intensity and grit of the moment||Unwavering determination and resilience|
|Hyped Mendes up for the fight||Left a lasting impression on the audience|
Frequently Asked Questions
What Were the Results of the Fights for Each of the Fighters Mentioned in the Article?
The article does not provide information on the fight outcomes for the fighters mentioned or the impact of their walkout songs. It focuses solely on ranking the best UFC walkouts of all time.
What Was the Significance of the Walkout Songs Chosen by Each Fighter?
The significance of walkout songs chosen by each fighter lies in their ability to impact the fighter's mindset. The right song can pump up the fighter, instill confidence, and connect them with their culture or personal story, enhancing their performance in the octagon.
How Did the Crowd React to Each Fighter's Walkout?
The crowd's reaction to each fighter's walkout varied. Memorable moments included Colby Covington's composed demeanor despite crowd chants, Darren Till commanding crowd participation, and Conor McGregor's intense stare into the camera.
Did Any of the Fighters Face Any Challenges or Controversy Leading up to Their Walkouts?
Several fighters faced challenges and controversies leading up to their walkouts. From Colby Covington's dedication to selling his fights to Jon Jones' iconic walkout after outside-the-cage controversies, these fighters overcame obstacles and made their walkouts memorable.
Were There Any Special or Unique Elements Incorporated Into Each Fighter's Walkout?
Special elements in fighter's walkouts include Colby Covington's composed demeanor and dedication to selling fights, Darren Till's crowd participation in his hometown, Jon Jones' return after controversy, Conor McGregor's historic Irish championship fight, and Volkanovski's overwhelming support from Australian fans.
In conclusion, the walkouts in UFC fights play a significant role in setting the stage for the upcoming battle and allowing fighters to showcase their individuality.
The best UFC walkouts of all time, such as those by Colby Covington, Conor McGregor, and Jon Jones, have left a lasting impression on fans worldwide.
These walkouts, with their choice of music, fighter demeanor, and crowd atmosphere, have made for memorable and impactful moments in the Octagon.
- 15 Best Martial Arts Weapons (Fighting & Training) - October 14, 2023
- Is Fencing a Martial Art? (Yes, 4 Reasons Why) - October 14, 2023
- 7 Best Martial Arts for Self-defense Ranked (Highly Effective) - October 14, 2023